A-Ha Vision is committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring the confidentiality of your personal health information. The types of personal health information we collect may include your name, date of birth, health history, OHIP number and records of the care provided to you. We collect, use and disclose personal health information for the following purposes:
- to provide vision development and/or vision therapy and/or vision rehabilitation and/or sports vision enhancement
services to our patients
- to obtain payment for services provided from you, OHIP, WSIB, your private insurer or others
- to teach students and to provide continuing education to our staff. We value the education and development of
future and current professionals. We will review patient records in order to educate our staff and students about the
provision of health care
- to conduct quality improvement and risk management activities. We review patient files to ensure that we provide
high quality services, including assessing the performance of our staff
- to comply with our regulatory obligations to the College of Optometrists of Ontario (COO). Optometrists are
regulated by the COO who may inspect our records and interview our staff as a part of its regulatory activities in the
- to advise clients about special events or opportunities (we will always obtain express consent to do so)
- to facilitate the sale of our organization if the organization or its assets were to be sold
- for other purposes as mandated or permitted by law
A-Ha Vision will collect, use and disclose only as much personal health information as is needed to achieve these purposes.You can withhold or withdraw your consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal health information by contacting us.
Access to Health Records
You have the right to seek access to your health records that we keep and to ask us to correct a record if you believe it isinaccurate or incomplete. Please contact us for more information.
Questions or Concerns?
If you have questions or want to make a complaint about our privacy practices, please contact Dr. Shirley Ha at A-Ha Vision.
You also have the right to complain to the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario at the address below if you have concerns about our privacy practices or how your personal health information has been handled:
Information and Privacy Commissioner/Ontario:
2 Bloor Street East, Suite 1400, Toronto, Ontario M4W 1A8
Telephone: Toronto Area: (416) 326-3333
Long Distance: 1 (800) 387-0073 (within Ontario)
TDD/TTY: (416) 325-7539
FAX: (416) 325-9195